Thursday, June 2, 2011

Final Project

Hello, this is So back here.
This post is about the final project of mine. Sadly my internship is over tomorrow, Friday.
The theme of the final project is "Post-Apocalyptic," and I chose to make a head piece.





I thought of a fantasy version of the world after World War III.
This head piece is designed with the idea that the surrounding environment after World War III is going to be really dangerous and harsh. And I thought, "What if we need a headgear to protect ourselves?"











I made the base with thick plastic mesh.
Then hand sewed the wires once shaped and sewed them on the piece of the plastic mesh. Different fabrics are used too; for example cotton painted netting, 2 different kinds of gauze, classic netting, and gunmetal colored chain to decorate them.
The shaped wires are covered with a hand top-stitched bias tape and angled at the end to give a pointed look so it looks threatening.
And it is attached to a hair comb.

The photos show the almost end version of head-piece. For the final look rivets should be put on them.

I hope you enjoy.
Thanking you

SoYoung Kim

No comments: